20 Apr 💡 Tuesday Tips, 04.20.2021
I received some viewer mail from “Cindy” (not her real name, obv) after last week’s podcast episode. She wants to attract clients who are respectful, easy to work with, and generally not pains in the neck for her.
If you freelance or own a small business, you’ve been there before. Cindy has one client who is awesome and she’s looking to duplicate that client and repel people who make her life miserable. One of the words Cindy uses in her email to me is “dignity” and I think that is an outstanding way to put it.
You want to work with clients who treat you with dignity. Stuff that’s undignified:
- Constant surveillance
- Screaming & yelling
- Barking out orders
- Condescending attitudes / talking down to you or others on your team
- Not paying invoices on time / not paying at all
- Saying things like, “Yeah, I know we agreed on ____, but here’s what I want instead…”
- Tailgate negotiating / trying to renege on terms
- Nitpicking and constant fault-finding
- Not providing the info you need to produce the deliverables
- Unpleasable – no matter what you do it’s not good enough
If you’re looking to attract clients who treat you with dignity, tune in on Thursday.
See you then!
Causey Consulting, LLC
Owner | Coach | HR & Business Consultant